Friday, February 27, 2009

i wear my boots, you wear your hat.

After lots of put-put-putting around, Anthony and I finally managed to pick up enough steam to go downtown for a drink at a bar I'd never been to - It's tiki themed. There was a time in my life that I only wore hawaiian shirts (why? we shall never know.) and this spoke to that part of my hear that loves lounge culture. We drank drinks out of tiki-mask cups and listened to island-y music while bad surf movies played silently in the corner.

But then!

I wanted sushi - inexpensive sushi - so we went to Trader Joe's, where we kept running into old pals from all over. It was a very exciting sushi trip. And when we came out, my friend Andrew Costello was pulling in, arms laden with recycling.

C: Time to recycle!
A: (not getting it's a joke) Yeah, we just saw a show, so. Yeah.
C: Oh yeah? What show?
A: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along blog, up at the Barn.
C: You're kidding!
A: Yeah, you guys should go see it. They are doing a ten-o-clock one.
AB: It's 9:56 now.
A: Oh, yeah. Well, let's drive you up there.
C: Ha. What, really?

And they did! Dr. Horrible's Sing Along blog, live! It was lots of fun.

I love when new things lead to other new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment