Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what I give to you is just what I'm going through.

Quitting Sockshop was my new thing for today.

Five days of school and then two days of work ended up not jiving with the ol' writing schedule - and let's face it. I want to write, I want to be a writer. I do not want to sell shoes. I don't want to end up like Sascha did... three and a half years into it, a manager, realizing that three of her best years were spent there.

Nope, not the plan. So I quit my job, and instead added another 500 words to my daily writing goal. I'm going to actively seek editors and agents and all that, and I'm going to make stuffed animals with Anthony and sell them when I need some extra scratch.

Also, I might become a part of the census bureau, because apparently you get to set your own hours and those hours are 20 dollars each.

I bought myself a comic as a quitting present: It's the new Spiderman, and Obama is on the cover:


Ridiculous. Chameleon didn't even know his nickname on the basketball team.

To ruin the surprise: tomorrow, my new thing is to take a placement test/interview for the census bureau. It could be incredibly boring, but I also got the Coraline soundtrack, so maybe it will be creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment