Saturday, February 7, 2009

les limites.

The new thing today was a bit irresponsible... I took an hour lunch and had a mixed drink. But it was with my manager, so perhaps that is okay? But she also just quit. So maybe not.

The point being, though, is that I don't really fancy doing it again. But it felt good to be like Don Draper, if only for a minute. And the cool side of Don Draper, none of the affairs and the messed up past and dark history and mysterious horribleness that threatens to crush his teetering tower of cards.

It seems like being in business for yourself makes more and more sense. And it also seems like I am not going to be a tree-planter, although my previous work as a Jamba Juicer and babysitter more than qualifies me to dig holes for saplings.

Also, there are over 25 views on my stand-up comedy, but not a single comment. That strikes me as strange. If you're reading/watching/listening, you should comment! I like comments. They are like the crumble crust on the pie - probably not necessary, but don't you basically just have jumbled up fruit (words) without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment