Wednesday, February 4, 2009

and the music, as loud as can be.

Today's new thing is a culmination of effort from yesterday into today. I recorded a song using all the instruments I own.

Those instruments are:
-The Kaossilator
-Omnichord
-Electric Fender Guitar
-Acoustic Samick Guitar
-Ukulele
-Melodica (birthday present from Erin)
-Ocarina
-Harmonica
-25-key Midi Keyboard
-My Voice

And I'll tell you what: The song is average. I had this idea in my head that it would be really wonderful, but because I am only average at music creation, and below average at almost every single one of those instruments (the ocarina and the harmonica were used only as strange things at the end) I guess I should not have had such lofty expectations.

But the thing is, I did it. I wrote a song, and played the instruments, and it's not bad. Not great, but not bad. I think my favorite part is that you, as a listener, are almost painfully aware of my inability to play these instruments, but I hope you all find some type of enjoyment anyway.

Without further ado: Take a listen.

Next time, I'll have someone else sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment