Sunday, February 15, 2009

christmas came early for me.

every blog title is a lyric from a song, in case you didn't know.

today I called sick into work because I woke up and felt like my head was on fire.

It wasn't, by the way, but I definitely slept in and wrote and slept more and made chicken noodle soup and felt like I had done the right thing.

Today's new thing: I sat and memorized ukulele chords. The chords I knew already were the ones I looked up to write a song about kissing on a bus. I didn't even know what they were. So I looked at my chord chart and then looked away, and now I know A through G. I can play, slowly, a major scale!

Hurrah!

It was a small little thing but a thing nonetheless.

I love this rain. I walked in it under an umbrella for about three minutes and felt peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment