Friday, January 30, 2009

last night, I turned into a fly.

Friday's new thing changed often. I wasn't feeling so hot, so the original plan to make a cigar box guitar was thrown completely out the window. That will be a project for another day.

And then the plan was to win a bunch of money at a scratcher, and that didn't happen either. I was going to do the endless setlist (84 songs, 5.5 hours) on Rock Band, but 8 songs in and the guitar ran out of batteries (one more reason why video game guitars are not as cool as real guitars.)

So, at 11pm, Anthony taught me how to break the bottom off of a bottle using only the force of my hand.

Step 1: Find a bottle with a neck.
Step 2: Fill it up with water, leaving about 2 inches of room at the top.
Step 3: Go outside, hold the bottle firmly against your hip (beginner-style)
Step 4: While only allowing the lip of the bottle to protrude, and only a bit, bring your palm down on the top of the bottle and believe that you are going to hit the bottom off the bottle.
Step 5: Clean up mess.



I was successful on my second try, and then not successful again afterwards. And I really hurt my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment