Tuesday, January 27, 2009

wind the frog.

Yesterday, my new thing was the creation and consumption of fried apple pies. They looked like wontons in a way... giant wontons. The pastry was flaky and delicious, and the insides were pleasantly warm and cinnamon apple-y. They were a lot of work, and I didn't even do much. I just folded a couple, and poorly at that... if you want your fried apple pies folded masterfully, Max is your man.

I wish I had had slightly melted ice cream to melt them in - oh well. That's a note for next time.

I have no idea what my new thing for today is. I suppose I have done a couple new things (some homework, started a new story) but I don't know. I have three hours to decide on something to do/go through with it/decide that the other couple of things were good enough.

I seem to have a love of nostalgia right now, which is bad for the "new thing everyday" project. I have started watching Gilligan's Island again, because I bought season one for a song at Amoeba. It's really a terrible show, especially first season - I can't believe that it was once considered to be quite the comedy. Was it? I should talk to some oldsters about this. Did people really love Gilligan's Island? There are parts where I am smacking my head because of the stupidity. Oddly enough, though, it's great to have on in the background. I took a nap with their voices in the background, and I had a pleasant, island-y dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment