Wednesday, January 21, 2009

she's a ten.

Good morrow.

I made a New Year's Resolution this year to do something new every day. It has been going splendidly, but my memory is not what it once was: I have already begun to forget some of the new things that I have done.

So, that means I have to start a new blog.

I have had lots of blogs, starting with a deadjournal under an assumed name - followed by a livejournal that I still write in occasionally - a well-kept then deleted personal/music blog - a travel blog for my quarter abroad - and now this one. I think it can be anything I want.

Yesterday, I watched the inauguration. I had never watched an inauguration before, so that was my new thing for yesterday. It was inspiring, and I liked the bit where the oath-giver messed up. We all made the joke: "He will be the first to go."

Today, I went and saw Revolutionary Road. I had never seen that movie before - so there you go. It is a heart-wrenching movie, terribly sad - hopelessness and emptiness prevails. But it was beautifully shot with beautiful moments and beautiful actors and beautiful piano plinking. It was very good. There were people in the audience who laughed at odd times, and I'm going to just chalk that up to the imbeciles who go see movies and still wonder how "they got them pictures to move."

Tomorrow's new thing: Undecided

No comments:

Post a Comment