Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've always listened to my critics.

I have two days worth of new things to update you on.

Two?

Yes, two.

First of all, I got a new chair in my room. It is burnt orange and comfy, and it was given to me by Anthony, who got it for free from the thrift store his grandmother works at. Two days ago, my new thing was to sit down in my new chair, put my feet up, drape myself in my Linus blanket, and read for an hour. I came out of it with the clear head and warm fuzziness that only such an act could bring. Have you tried reading for an hour in a new chair with a Linus blanket? It is divine - add a box of Scotchmallows from See's Candy and I think I would have reached the apex of life.



So that was two days ago.

And yesterday, I tried my hand at making buffalo chicken wings. My mouth just salivated thinking about them - I fried a half pound of chicken legs in that wondrous silver machine and then doused them in buffalo sauce made via the Pioneer Woman Cooks, and I felt happy and alive. I won't feel so alive for much longer if my fried food intake doesn't slow, but I am happy to report that the deliciousness factor of my life has raised an incredible, unknowable amount.



Gilligan's Island update: I think my favorite character is Mr. Howell. And I'm either getting dumber, or the show is getting better - by the eighth episode, they have definitely hit a stride.

Today's new thing? Unknowable. It's only noon!

2 comments:

  1. i like the picture of your chair. everything is very artfully arranged. as if you just got up for a moment.

    ReplyDelete