Saturday, March 21, 2009

why why why?


I did a violent thing for le truc nouveau.

That's french for the "new thing!"

I shot a gun at a shooting range with Max! It was such a bizarre, violent, yet fun experience... the only thing I can really compare it to is bowling. We even shared a "lane."
I didn't particularly like shooting the gun, actually. It was fun in an odd sort of way, but I didn't feel that rush of power that people talk about. It actually felt removed, oddly... sort of like one step away from a video game.

It was safe, though. And really loud! So loud.

We shot a zombie target! I killed a zombie!

I want to write a short story about it. But I'll add something to it to make it better. One of the best things about the shooting range is that the place has taxidermied animals EVERYWHERE.

Man. It felt weird. But I'm glad I did it! Strangest new thing yet!

2 comments:

  1. I shot a gun once too, in that odd removed sort of way. But I was on a farm in the middle of nowhere.
    So this last summer, when an ex-marine asked me what I thought about shooting guns, I told him I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete