Thursday, March 26, 2009

does he love you?



Everything in the show Dexter creeps me out.

But it also keeps me watching. I watched the entire first season in about a week. It's my new thing for today, because I finished it. The last three episodes are some of the best things I've seen for television since I started watching Mad Men. I miss Mad Men. But Dexter does an admirable job filling the time until the next episode of Mad Men.

The weirdest thing, though: about two weeks ago, I read KJF's book Wit's End. It talked about Santa Cruz being a murder capitol (capital?). Then, a couple days after I finished reading that book, I was clicking "random article" on wikipedia and came up on a serial killer that terrorized Santa Cruz a few decades ago. Erin randomly brought up the other killer in conversation the next day. The next night? We had a dinner party that had a choice between watching 300 and American Psycho, the movie where Christian Bale plays a serial killer. And then, a couple days after that, I finish The OC, go to delete the file from my computer, and see that a long time ago, Max gave me the first season of Dexter to watch. And there it was, beckoning me.

Oh, unknowable universe, what does it all mean?


Jeez, even the promo shots for this show are terrifying. That is NOT his hand.

I'm glad I'm horrified by Dexter. But I don't quite understand what makes me keep watching. Is it all the suspense? Is it poor Rita? Why am I so fascinated? Someone else who watches the show, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment