Tuesday, March 31, 2009

drowned her in a bathtub.


Today's new thing was an attempt at musical zen.

I took a walk and listened to an album. I used to do this, so it's not exactly NEW, but I forgot how much I enjoyed it, and the album was new... so I'm counting it new. All you haters (there aren't any, but for some reason, I always talk to them) can say it's new or not. But I think it's new. That's the important thing.

The houses near me are startling. There were five treehouses, a red brick castle that overlooks all of Santa Cruz, homemade swings, well kept gardens, unkempt gardens, art deco gates, urban art... it was a beautiful walk. Set to absolutely fantastic music: cascading organ, build 'em up guitars, spanish flamenco picking, three singers, and a story worthy of... well. Folk mysticism, I guess. I would love to hear the whole thing just with a couple guitars and an organ, in front of a campfire, with Colin Meloy and crew telling the story with shadow puppets and their normal theatrics.

I loved it and plan on doing this more often. A good walk. Good music. Santa Cruz is a gorgeous place. I always forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment