Monday, March 23, 2009

all the stars were falling.

Sacramento is a sad, sad town. Ravaged by our recession, I believe. Almost completely barren, with shops closed every which way, and lots of buildings just left empty. Also, the french cafe was randomly closed.

Those are not good, those things!

But Jacyln and I enjoyed ourselves anyway. No giddy thrills, more just a bit of time-honored exploration and a bit of sweet cake just at the right time, accompanied by a riesling. I feel like we are such old souls.

Also, Dexter. Dexter freaks me out. Dexter makes me feel queasy. I like Dexter anyway.

Also, a wondrous bar, where another old Saugusian was quenching a parched throat. A bar that wanted to be tiki, or wanted to get away from its Tiki roots. Either way, they played non-single Weezer, and that was a kick. And I finally like the way Old Fashioneds taste. Here's to you, Don Draper...

No comments:

Post a Comment