Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's ancient common sense.


I'm almost done with finals! I only have one more. I also have a stack of stories to read for tomorrow. Lots of things to do. I also forgot to do laundry on Sunday. So I bet I will run out before the week is over.

You know what's weird? When all of your soaps run out in unison. Conditioner, shampoo, bar soap, face wash... all at once. It's an interesting condition. That happened recently and I wanted to talk about it on here, because it happens to me kind of often!

What was my new thing today?

Oh yes, that's right.

I don't ever talk about reading books as my new thing because I often read books and that doesn't necessarily mean they are a new thing, but they don't always change my ideology on things.

I read Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. Everyone should read this book...
It re-taught me something I already kind of knew... that community is importan
t. Community change is just as important as world change. You don't have to think so large that you get lost, and I think that's an important lesson.

So that's my new thing for today. The book is about 90 pages long and it's good like that. It makes me want to write. All good books make me want to write my own good book. Maybe that's happening. Maybe I will blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment